Demand and Forecasting Manager
We are looking for a dynamic, hard-working Demand and Forecasting Manager to take responsibility for managing the stock position across purchasing, supply and demand planning.
- Contribute practical, commercial input to the Supply Chain Team
- Interpreting business needs with our manufacturing partners to balance stock with freight and production capacity;
- 'Cradle to grave' stock management in UK, from new product introduction to obsolete parts management
- Contribution to the creation of the supply chain strategy and implementation and management of a sale and operations planning process to improve forecast accuracy;
- Analyse trend performance and variations, improvement plans and support modelling possible outcome scenarios
- Minimising stock holding on slow sellers & identifying stocks which have zero sales volume to resolve with the sales team/distribution channels;
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results to identify risks and plan accordingly;
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions;
- Effectively engage and influence Marketing, Purchasing and Operational Management Teams to understand demand forecast drivers to maintain product availability for new products, seasonal products, discounts and promotional sales activity;
- Collaborate with Marketing, Finance, Buying, and Operational Retail Teams ensure that accurate information is used for demand forecasts;
- Develop and ensure effective use and maintenance of demand planning and forecasting systems;
- Maintain the period stock update reporting process which provides a key data feed into distribution channels that ensures the accuracy of ranging, delete line awareness, substitutions and new lines which maximises availability;
- Maintain the stock accuracy process over all product categories serving multiple distribution channels.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extremely commercial with strong analytical skills applied to forecasting and demand planning;
- A proficient supply chain professional with previous experience managing activities in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrable experience of managing stock across multiple locations;
- Overseas important and supply chain experience;
- Experience of working within an ERP system driven environment.
If you have the passion and drive to be successful in this Demand and Forecasting Manager position, we would love to hear from you!
Submit your CV now at email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.